It was a decision from the Women’s Forum to align with other women’s organizations and participate in campaigns as well as strengthen our expertise regarding “women issues”, and how to become an effective role player and a leading Forum for women in the retail motor sector in South Africa.
The Women’s Forum is involved in various community projects around the country as well as conducting numerous Awareness Campaigns through-out the year, for example:
- Girl/Boy-Child-At-Work Days: Introducing Grade 11 learners to the retail motor industry and career opportunities available, with specific reference to apprenticeship programmes.
- Job Shadowing: To give learners in-depth insight into an occupation of interest within the motor industry.
- Beauty and Beast Project: Rendering economically deprived girls or boys the opportunity to attend their Matric Farewell in style.
- Winter Drive: Assisting the elderly and less fortunate with much needed supplies.
- Cancer Awareness.
- 16 Days of Activism against Women and Children Abuse.
For more information on the Women’s Forum or to get involved, contact Karen Gouws (Women’s Forum National Secretary) on t: +27 41 364 0102 or e-mail: Karen@ms.org.za.
For more information or to get involved in projects within your Region or Community, you are welcome to contact the following Regional Representatives:
EASTERN CAPE REGION
Heidi Reid – Principal (Chairperson)
Michelle Marx – Alternate
Chantaal Poovan – Participant (East London and surrounding areas)
FREE STATE / NORTHERN CAPE REGION
Debbie Mitchell – Principal
Megan Stevens – Alternate
Nava Annamalay – Principal
Dorah Maduka – Alternate
NORTHERN / HIGHVELD REGION
WESTERN PROVINCE REGION
Cheryll Jeftha – Principal (Vice-Chairperson)
Shantel Harley – Alternate